Mplus is a statistical modeling program that provides researchers with a flexible
tool to analyze their data. Mplus offers researchers a wide choice of models,
estimators, and algorithms in a program that has an easy-to-use interface and
graphical displays of data and analysis results. Mplus allows the analysis of
both cross-sectional and longitudinal data, single-level and multilevel data,
data that come from different populations with either observed or unobserved
heterogeneity, and data that contain missing values. Analyses can be carried
out for observed variables that are continuous, censored, binary, ordered
categorical (ordinal), unordered categorical (nominal), counts, or combinations
of these variable types. In addition, Mplus has extensive capabilities for Monte
Carlo simulation studies, where data can be generated and analyzed according to
any of the models included in the program.
* The demo version contains all of the capabilities of the regular version of
Mplus and is only limited by the number of observed variables that can be
used in an analysis.
* The Linux version does not currently come with an Editor or a Diagrammer and is
available from the command line only. Plots are available for the Linux version using
the GH5 file produced by the PLOT command. It can be read and plots made by
the R program using the HDF5 package. Click here for R functions for plots.
* The multiprocessing feature in Mplus for Linux is the standard multiprocessing feature
available in Mplus for Windows. The Linux version does not currently have special cluster
EXAMPLES AND DOCUMENTATION
* Bwhpc-Examples: /opt/bwhpc/common/math/mplus/8.4/bwhpc-examples ($MPLUS_EXA_DIR)
* The Documentation directory contains the Mplus User's Guide for Version 8
and the Version 8.1 Mplus Language Addendum in PDF format. For Mplus updates,
please check the Support page on the Mplus website at
* Updates to the R functions are available on the Mplus-R page at
In case of problems, please contact: bwhpc (at) uni-konstanz.de
This module is available for all users (demo-version).